Sunday, June 6, 2010

I Suck at Housekeeping

Or rather, I should say that I suck at KEEPING UP with it. I am pretty good at it when I have time to do it. I have a daily schedule and weekly schedule I would like to stick to. However, any little thing that comes to throw off my schedule usually can and does. Home visits for the dogs, running errands, and just choosing to spend a night on quality time together [like a Starbucks/Barnes & Noble night :)]have a way of popping up.

I will admit that about half the time I'm off my schedule is because I'm too tired to get at it. The whole having energy deal is another issue in and of itself. I'm trying to take better care of myself so I can take better care of my household, hubby, and pups.

Today I:

1. took care of the dogs (letting them in and out all day, feeding them, watering them, cleaning up after them, and giving them their monthly heartguard).

2. paid the bills, tracked the budget

3. did my daily chores including: make the bed, de-clutter the whole house & put stuff where it belongs, sort the mail, dishes, counters, sweep, empty the trash, and two loads of laundry.

4. putzed around in the yard, picking up random trash that blew in with the storm and putting yard tools up on the patio.

I still have to feed the dogs dinner, shower, and do some laundry so I have something to wear to work this week. Can't go naked. Yikes. That's an ugly thought.


Not housekeeping-related.
May 29, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment