Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Drip Drip Drop Little April Showers

Ok, so it's not April, but that's the song that comes to mind when I think of my recent ordeal with a leaky backyard faucet. I set all the faucets to drip when we were having freezing temperatures not so long ago. Last week when I went to shut off this faucet, it wouldn't shut off. I figured it had contracted and expanded or something, and I'd be able to shut it off within a few days. By late last week the dripping increased, so I started tinkering with it over the weekend.

Like all great minds I googled the solution to my problem. Replace the washer. No sweat. Except I couldn't remove the faucet. So off I went to my neighbor's house. Neighbor #1 couldn't remove it, and we could't find a wrench to fit it either.

Neighbor #2 quickly diagnosed the problem and prescribed a new faucet head. Ten dollars and a trip to Home Depot later, and I was well on my way to my solution. N2 easily replaced the old with the new, turned the water main back on, and I was good to go. Yay! Thank goodness for awesome neighbors.

Now I know this was not a titillating tale, but it's just another peek into my daily life of being alone with the dogs and juggling all that comes with the territory. Dogs are healthy and happy as am I. On deck is another Big Fix this Saturday followed by some much-needed time off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment