Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fleas!

My days with the dogs pass by so quickly, and they do so much it's hard to remember everything. But last weekend I had some flea bites on my leg when I woke up. I examined everyone for fleas but found nothing. The next day Sidney was really scratching his back with his mouth, and I found a flea. Blech!

I have a SEVERE aversion to fleas. When Adam was deployed several years ago, I had a horrible flea infestation during our first summer in the house. When the weather got warm I think the eggs in the yard hatched. Or something like that. We had four dogs at the time, and two of them had horrible fleas. I started a small scale attack that got bigger and bigger until I realized I had to bomb the house and the yard. Things were absolutely miserable for a couple weeks until I completely got rid of them.

Anyhow, a quick hot wash of my bedding and Advantage for everyone did the trick. Thank goodness. For real. We don't have carpet anymore (where fleas hide) or cushy couches everywhere that also need to be cleaned.

Ahh, a day in the life of a domestic zookeeper...


There may be bugs on some of you mugs, but there ain't no bugs on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment