Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Wonderful Weekend

I had a lovely relaxed weekend. Friday night I saw "The Help" with a new coworker who wanted to see it as well. It was such a great story; I laughed and I cried.

Yesterday I went with a dear friend to peruse Goodwill and have a super yummy lunch at Flying Saucer. I don't have the patience to find the deals that she does at Goodwill, but I was happy to meander the store. She has the patience and a good eye, so she found a lot of steals for her kiddos.

Last night I got to see my cousin and her husband - they are in town for a short time. I hadn't seen them since their wedding eight years ago, so it was a great reunion. They are here adopting a sweet baby girl. She was precious, and I am so happy for them.

Today I went to a sports bar to watch the Steelers game. It was a disappointing game, and unfortunately the best part of my outing was the hot wings. Haha. Hopefully their season will look up after today.

Now I'm just watching my Sunday night tv. There's a new Real Housewives of New Jersey on tonight. Oh, it's the simple (mindless) things that make you happy! I'm also researching evacuation plans. Feels like the fires are closing in on us here in Texas, so I need an idea of what to do just in case.

The pups are doing well. I think they love having mommy home on the weekends. We are going to start some of the dogs on flaxseed oil; it will help with joints, skin issues, and other minor ailments. Really it is a benefit for their overall health.

I plan to buy liquid Ivomec and start using that for our monthly heartworm prevention. If it's good enough for a rescue program, it's good enough for my dogs. Plus it will save a lot of money in Hawaii. Fortunately, I've been able to purchase our Heartguard at-cost for the last six months from a local shelter - not sure if I will have that option there.Still waiting on the bank to accept our offer on the Hawaii home...Any day now would be great. And so I wait...

1 comment: