Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hawaii, Here We Come!

I've been trying to get some more momentum going to prepare for our move. I've cleaned out some more closets, cupboards, and drawers. This morning I cleaned, purged, and organized the garage. It looks so good now, and I feel so good having done it.

Thursday night I had a water leak situation with the toilet. The hard water buildup caused some problem with the pump; it got stuck and the tank continued to fill with water until it leaked out the handle area and started flooding the bathroom and hall. I immediately shut off the water to the toilet and the house - just for good measure. Hey, I panicked. Luckily with my husband's help I was able to assess the situation quickly, get it cleaned up, and come up with a plan of action. Now I just need to go buy a new pump of higher quality and replace the old one with it.

Yesterday I took Katie and Mason to start their quarantine process for Hawaii. I got their samples and paperwork sent in, Katie got a Rabies shot, and got Spec and Colby's results back. They passed - yay! Now I'm just waiting on all the other results, and I need to come up with another Rabies certificate for Katie girl. Then we're done with this step of the process.

Next weekend I have a birthday party for a special little girl as well as an Easter celebration with good friends. The following weekend is the next Big Fix. After that it will be four short weeks 'til the hubby gets home. Hooray! Then the wheels will be set in motion rather quickly for the big move to the island.

I heard from Freddie and Stan's mom that they are doing very well. I was so happy to hear that. Now just Tyler and Benny need to find their forever homes. We have moved lots of dogs out of here in the last six months: Camilla, Hank, Suzy, Freddie, and Stan.


How cute is Clara?!
16 April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment