Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!

And I love it! Somewhere in the last few years, Christmas has become this mega-inflated supersize holiday - that's ok with me! I love having the feeling of holiday merriment for well over two months. For me the holidays are about the spirit and the feeling of togetherness, not the stuff.

This first week with my husband gone went just fine. Suzy stayed at the vet's for three days; she is now good as new. Katie is just about done with her antibiotics for her gash from the ghost dog fight I never heard or saw. Our two dogs that went with my husband are also adjusting to apartment living. They were a little lethargic and lacking appetites, but seem to be back to normal this weekend.

This week we had two big events at work; they went off without a hitch. Smashingly, in fact. This coming week is a short work week - just three days. WOOHOO!

Last night I spent some time just window-shopping at the mall with a good friend. Clara, Monkey, and I attended an adoption even today at the farmer's market. As always, it is a good experience in socialization for them, but neither had a lot of serious interest. Sigh. I got a haircut after the event then went and got a replacement fleece for the one Clara tore this week; I also picked up a few groceries for the week and the items I volunteered to bring for Thanksgiving dinner. Not that I think anyone has interest in these mundane details - I'm keeping this blog as a journal for myself, really. But anyone reading is welcome to read!

I'm ready to spend Thanksgiving with good friends and eating good food in just a few short days. Friends are the family you choose for yourself. Aww.

No comments:

Post a Comment