Thursday, February 18, 2010

February Farewells


Bauer 2009

As February is quickly coming to an end, I'm reflecting back on the doggy stuff that happened this month. Charlie, Felipe, Bauer, and Elle all went to their forever homes. Charlie settled into apartment life with a very nice bachelor. Felipe found his home with a big family in a big house with a big yard. Bauer lives in a beautiful home with a very lovely young couple. And last, but most definitely not least, Miss Ellie Belly went home home to be a furry companion to another friendly young couple.

Edit: I suppose I should note where all these dogs came from. Charlie was a stray rescued by my husband's coworker. I admitted him into the rescue and helped coordinate his adoption. She fostered him. Felipe was living in a yard on the West side when we picked him up; he was briefly fostered by friends of ours first and then we fostered him. Bauer was a stray that was rescued by my husband in October 2008. We fostered him, and then he was adopted, returned and re-adopted. He was our only return ever, and it was people issues not dog issues. Finally, my husband rescued Elle off a chain. She was first fostered by a lady who also volunteers in rescue. For the last couple months she was with us.

1 comment: